Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Letting Go

Prophecy night...yes they are fantastic, but I feel like we're doing too much of it to the point where we're concentrating on the future and not on God. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this way and am doing this. I just finally got to the point where I'm gonna live daily and not think about my future.

See, what my problem became was that I was starting to think about my future instead of just chillin. Instead of "What will it be? Your family or Me?", I feel God asking, "What will it be? Your 'future' or Me?" And I just realized, You're right, God. I don't care if i do NOT go to London. I don't care if I don't do anything in Europe. I don't care if I stay in America. Why? Because I know that YOU are the One who created me so YOU know what my heart desires. YOU know what's best for me.

You know what? I'm not gonna think or worry about my future anymore...because it takes too much time. Tomorrow is never granted. Only God knows the future. I know you guys probably don't have to this problem...yea i'm just pouring my heart out i guess..

"Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money. " Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, 'If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that.' As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil. Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesnt do it, sins." James 4:13-17

2 comments:

'berto said...

I think its great to gave prophecy night, but i definitely can understand your feeling. What you are saying is actually very true; We need to seek intimacy with Him not our future. I always like the prophecy nights because they edify me. I think what i like doing the most though is getting a clearer vision for other people, really hearing from God for other people. I think that a general rule though is to keep searching for God and not our destiny. let's take what the people say and look at the good things that we could grow from and specifically have faith for right now in our lives. Unless of course God does reveal what people are saying personally to us...but then we really have a responsibility we need to carry out. The Holy Spirit reminded me this verse as i wrote the last sentence--Luke 12:48
"48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked. "
Let's remember that He is our future...God Bless

PS: i wonder what your readers that don't know what prophecy night is think about it...

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I feel like a broken record, but we always got to remember that the gifts help us accomplish the mission, which is reaching the lost.

Charismatics are generally weird cause they don't reach the lost, if we want to stay healthy, we must reach the lost and never lose sight of this. Remember Jesus said go into all the world and make disciples, not go into all the nations and prophesy or heal people, thats great but its not the goal.