Thursday, April 17, 2008

Fire In His Eyes

If there's one thing that i desire from God, it's simply this: to see His eyes for just 5 minutes without being blinded permenantly.

Dude, you know how CRAZY that'd be??!! Reading Revelations 1 is just mind blowing! The part that describe His eyes as fire. I was trying to look at the sun a few days ago trying to contemplate what it'd be like to see Him eye to eye. Man, I had to lower my head in less than a minute! And to think that it was a star that I had to lower my gaze from! Wow, how fast would I drop if I were to gaze in God's eyes?? That's too much!!

I know that if I were to have the priviledge and the honor to see His eyes for even 1 minute, I'd be blinded within 2 seconds alone, but to just think...if my eyes were to not get scorched or damaged in any way, what would it be like to look at His eyes for 5 minutes? What would I learn? What would He tell me in the eye communication - the unheard conversation? You know what? Now that I think about it, I'd probably be that one dude and be dumbfounded for not just a few days, but for many years.

Now I have some understanding of the disciple's actions when Jesus said, "Follow me." They automatically dropped their nets and followed them. Even in human form, His human eyes radiated spiritual fire!

You know, for just 5 minutes of looking into His eyes, i'd be willing to give up my sight for life. I'm positive that having that experience will allow me to get in tune with tons of things about God, but when i think about it..it would really be a mere scratch-on-the-surface of the mystery of Him even with that amazing experience if i were to have it experienced. He's so mysterious that even your most amazing experience/insight of Him is just an outer-range of who He really is; He's just that deep.

Thinking about His eyes...the fire within...and to know that His eyes burn for us? Us unworthy, but valuable in His eyes?...man, that's too much. I'm gonna stop before I go crazy. I feel like i've been repeating the same thing over and over >.<

1 comment:

Working on it said...

Nice Grace. I completely agree with you, what would it be like? And even then, there's so much more to Him than His eyes. Man, gives me the Holy Ghost chill bumps, as Ross calls them.