Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The War for Souls

Some know, but i am in the process of writing something very personal. This is the prologue of my story. A VERY ROUGH rough draft. This is just some of the stuff that i blurted out..didn't get a chance to revise revise revise it. It's completely shady compared to the clear cut vision i have in my head, but i'm sure when i revise it to at least into a rough draft, it'll be somewhat even more clear. Anyway, this is just an outline of the prologue. I'd share with you what the story is about, but i think i'll save that for my second post...but for now, enjoy the beginning of the beginning :)


Prologue:

My Beloved, awake…
Awake..
A whisper blew by my ear. Confused a voice with the wind I do not know. Physical damages; flesh cut deep, but burning alive within. Feeling came to the tip of my fingers and I felt the earth – wet, grained-like, and weak against my fingertips. Smell came through to my nostrils and I began to breathe slowly and deeply – the smell of the earth matched the soil I felt with my fingers. I now felt my cheek upon the hard earth; I have been laying here awhile. Awake, awake, O Sleeper…
The eyelids of mine lifted. Darkness became light and I began to see the world around me. It changeth not from before. The earth my feet stood upon was of dark color and what was upon my feet was the color of silver armor tainted. Yes, I was in the midst of war with the Great Illusionist and his minions. My head lifted and my hands pressed against the earth in the effort of lifting myself up. I could breathe not. As I tried to stand, the dead weight of my leg carried me back to the earth.
“This injures me not!” I cried.
The warmth of my blood ran down my injured leg, but the fiery heat of my blade burned for my hand – it calls out to me! I reached for the heat and grasped tightly at the ready handle. With one sharp painful grunt, I gave my all to thrust my blade into the earth. By doing so, the ground turned to rock. With my fainting strength, I lifted myself off the ground and tried to stand. My sword stood ready at my hand and calmed my fall as it punctured the earth even deeper. I finally decided to sit down and examine the damage.
My eyes lied upon my wounds and found the source of my pain. The damage has been done by the many flaming arrows and the attacks of all the demons that have no agenda other than to dethrone my King. I grabbed hold of the handle of my sword and transformed my weight to my sword as I forced myself to stand. The pain from my body made my lips utter the words that only pain could utter.
As soon as I lifted my head, my enemy stood before me. I lifted my shield and immediately held my sword upright forgetting my pain. With my breath heavy and my body burning, I walked around in a circle with my enemy. His eyes were filled with hatred as he glared at me. A beautiful angel to any naked eye, but beware for he was the Great Illusionist. His powers consisted of seduction and his purpose was none other than to destroy. He can seduce thee by promises of what thy heart deeply desired and corrupt thee all from the start of thine mind. Evil words he spoke; destruction he sought.
I stood firm upon the Rock on which I stood. He circled around me with hateful eyes. His aura offered fear and false riches, but none I shall take for my King is the One I serve. His beautiful figure turned to what he truly was – an evil sight.
“Join me~.” He whispered.
Anger spurned within as I replied, “My service thou canst seek; it belongs to another.”
“Can thou defeat my fire?!”
I held my sword as a threat towards my enemy and shouted, “Can thou defeat Mine?”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is cool, Grace. With some revision, I think you could make it even more powerful. I like it.

Raj Moman said...

Wow that's cool Grace. When did you come up with it?

Working on it said...

WHOOOOO!!! Bring it on! I can't wait to keep reading...